- Products and Services
Products and services by category
- Medical gases
- Hospital equipment
- Homecare equipment
- Medical Engineering Services
- Education and training
- BOC LIFELINE®
- BOC Cryobank
- Cylinder tracking
- Time Remaining Estimator App
- Products and services by medical speciality
- Products and services by care area
BOC Healthcare offers a total turnkey gas facilities management solution, streamlining the provision of this vital service and ensuring that hospital liquid oxygen supply systems are always installed correctly, are fully compliant, and operate with optimum efficiency, creating the safest possible environment for patient care. The experienced team negotiates and manages all aspects of the work, so at every stage of the process, risk is reduced and inconvenience is taken away from the client.
Design of a Bespoke Solution
BOC Healthcare will visit the site and meet with Estates personnel to gain a thorough understanding of the project requirements. The design team will then develop a bespoke solution that ensures the facility is fully compliant with the recommendations set out in HTM 02-01, which applies to all medical gas pipeline systems installed in healthcare premises. This includes:
- Vessel and pipeline system sizing calculations
- Flow rate and pressure drop calculations
- Plinth design
- Selection of location (in line with BCGA Code of Practice 36 and other relevant guidance)
- Operational requirements such as alarms, maintenance and use
BOC Healthcare can also specify and install accommodation requirements such as fencing and ducting.
Medical Gas Installation and Testing
Once our expert in-house technical department has approved the design, BOC Healthcare will manage the installation of the medical gas supply systems and pipeline, which could also include electrical supply cables and installations. Upon completion, qualified staff will carry out all testing and commissioning, again to HTM 02-01 requirements.
BOC Medical Engineering Services can also provide As-fitted drawings and valve numbering and tagging to help the hospital maintain an accurate overview of the Medical Gas Pipeline System (MGPS), as required in HTM 02-01. The BOC Backfeed Kit (and Service), an invaluable method of supplying medical oxygen and medical air to wards and departments when the main pipe infrastructure is being isolated, extended or altered, is also available as an option.
BOC Healthcare anticipates and addresses every challenge that could arise during installation. The gas facilities management turnkey solution offers expert engineering for safety, compliance and system performance throughout. Upgrade elements offered include:
- Additional vaporisers with timed changeovers units
- Resizing of vaporisers to match increased flow rates
- High flow system control panels
- Pipeline ring main configuration (as recommended in HTM 02-01) for a more resilient and flexible medical gas system
- Non-return valves on supply pipelines to reduce the risk of total system loss in the event of pipework damage
- Erection of protective canopies and maintenance lighting over facility control panels
- Test points installed on supply systems