- Products and Services
Products and services by category
- Medical gases
- Hospital equipment
- Homecare equipment
- Medical Engineering Services
- Education and training
- BOC LIFELINE®
- BOC Cryobank
- Cylinder tracking
- Time Remaining Estimator App
- Products and services by medical speciality
- Products and services by care area
BOC Healthcare is committed to supporting hospitals and healthcare facilities by identifying and addressing every aspect surrounding the safe delivery of medical gases. The BOC Backfeed Kit and Service is a vital resource to support Authorised Persons (MGPS) in safe management of the Medical Gas Pipeline System (MGPS). It is an invaluable method of supplying medical oxygen and medical air to wards and departments when the main pipe infrastructure is being isolated, extended or altered.
The Backfeed Kit features the latest technology and is fully compliant with the guidance in HTM 02-01. It is suitable for:
- Support wards, SCBU and HDU during shutdowns
- Emergency use during system failure/pipeline breach
- Supporting separate departments
Prior to supplying the kit, BOC will visit the hospital to carry out an assessment of requirements and ensure the relevant capacity is allowed for, meaning clinical users can be confident that the supply will be maintained. It is then delivered complete with cylinders and an engineer to further reduce the risks when the MGPS is interrupted. Customers using the Backfeed Service benefit from an ‘end-to-end’ service from BOC: elimination of the risk associated with large cylinders, no high-pressure connection, and the elimination of unsafe storage practices in patient environments.
The Backfeed Kit
The Backfeed Kit is packed full of features and benefits:
- Ease of use – operation is clear and straightforward, and changeover from one bank to the other is simple and quick, ensuring continuity of supply
- Lightweight and manoeurable
- Secure and robust - designed from high quality stainless steel, the trolley carries six lightweight ZX integral valve cylinders securely. Brakes on all four wheels hold the kit in position, ensuring it is stable at all times
- Improved safety – the Backfeed Kit removes large cylinders from patient areas and also reduces the risks associated with manual handling
- Flexible and versatile - it can be connected around the hospital, ensuring continuity of supply to patients from single wards to whole site shutdowns
- Cost effective – the kit can reduce overall costs as it eliminates the need for regulators and maintenance
A Tailored Service
The Backfeed Kit and Service can be tailored to exact requirements. It includes delivery and collection of cylinders, with the optional provision of a BOC onsite engineer to manage the Backfeed Kit if required.
The BOC Backfeed Kit and Service allows hospitals both to plan scheduled MGPS works and to handle unexpected challenges, secure in the knowledge that the consistent and safe delivery of essential medical gases will not be affected. Easy to use, lightweight and secure, the BOC Backfeed Kit supports hospital and patient safety, and is delivered by a trusted supplier with years of experience and an unrivalled reputation in the design, installation and maintenance of MGPS.