Open and honest communication and business
- it is important that we know how you are performing and any issues you have so we can alleviate these where possible
- let us know how you think we could improve. Constructive criticism is welcome and will assist our continual development
Proactive attitude towards improvement
- please do not wait for us to ask you for improvements, especially if it also benefits you; bring the ideas to us
- the key improvement areas are safety, environment and cost
- products and services must be delivered in full, on time and to the correct quality
- poor service and quality impact on us and will be taken seriously
Supply chain and cost
- we recognise that in business today products and services are often delivered by the supply chain rather than just the final supplier to BOC
- we actively seek ways to improve the supply chain relationship and cost
Provision of high quality, timely management information
- we require transactional documentation such as product certification and invoices to be submitted on time, in full and containing the correct information. Failure to do this will delay payment.
- we are increasingly seeking suppliers who will provide us with management information which will allow us to improve BOC's use of the product or service
We recognise that in order to get the best from our suppliers we need to develop mutually beneficial relationships. To this end we are reviewing our supplier base using Category Management principles with the full engagement of both the business users and our Procurement team.
We are aiming to reduce the number of suppliers we have in addition to taking all forms of unnecessary cost out of our business, not just reducing unit price.
call us on 0800 111 333